Summary:ASTERISK-22450: No CLI response from database show
Reporter:David Brillert (aragon)Labels:
Date Opened:2013-09-03 13:50:31Date Closed:2013-09-17 13:40:01
Versions:SVN 11.5.1 Frequency of
causesASTERISK-22560 Memory leak in logger.c
Environment:svn 398168Attachments:( 0) gdb_thread_apply_all_bt_database_show.txt
Description:I execute a DND feature code and then do database show to check status and there is no output from Asterisk CLI (looks locked).  No output from other commands sip show peers, core show channels...

If I downgrade to an earlier SVN 397636 I cannot reproduce so this looks like a regression and it is very recent.

attached gdb pid trace
Comments:By: David Brillert (aragon) 2013-09-04 08:56:07.065-0500

I looked through the Log of /branches/11 for any relevant changes and only two commits looks like they could have caused this issue

Revision 397948 - Directory Listing
Modified Thu Aug 29 22:16:41 2013 UTC (5 days, 15 hours ago) by kharwell

Verbose logging discrepancies

Refactored cases where a combination of ast_verbose/options_verbose were
present.  Also in general tried to eliminate, in as many places as possible,
where the options_verbose global variable was being used.  Refactored the way
local and remote consoles handle verbose message logging in an attempt to
solve the various discrepancies that sometimes would show between the two.

(closes issue AST-1193)
Reported by: Guenther Kelleter
Review: https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2798/

Revision 398103 - Directory Listing
Modified Fri Aug 30 19:16:20 2013 UTC (4 days, 18 hours ago) by kharwell

Fix various memory leaks

main/config.c - cleanup cache fie includes
res/res_security_log.c - unregister logger level
channesl/chan_sip.c - cleanup io context and notify_types
main/translator.c - cleanup at shutdown
main/named_acl.c - cleanup cli commands
main/indications.c - ast_get_indication_tone() unref default_tone_zone if used

(closes issues ASTERISK-22378)
Reported by: Corey Farrell
    config_shutdown.patch uploaded by coreyfarrell (license 5909)
    res_security_log.patch uploaded by coreyfarrell (license 5909)
    chan_sip-11.patch uploaded by coreyfarrell (license 5909)
    indications_refleak.patch uploaded by coreyfarrell (license 5909)
    named_acl-cli_unreg-11.patch uploaded by coreyfarrell (license 5909)
    translate_shutdown.patch uploaded by coreyfarrell (license 5909)

By: Matt Jordan (mjordan) 2013-09-04 08:57:56.020-0500

Hey David -

This was caused by r397948. We're looking into it now. Thanks for catching it as well!

By: David Brillert (aragon) 2013-09-06 12:33:21.104-0500


I need to build a working subversion install to fix service affecting memory leaks resolved in Revision 397948
This is holding up the parade ;)

By: Matt Jordan (mjordan) 2013-09-06 12:59:51.598-0500

There's a patch up on review board if you'd like to give it a try:

wget https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2825/diff/raw/

By: David Brillert (aragon) 2013-09-06 13:24:48.803-0500

Thanks, that is good news.
I'll wait for the ship it!

By: Chris Stone (habile) 2013-09-09 08:43:15.099-0500

I tried the patch against r398618 and it does appear to have resolved the no output appearing issue, however tab completion has stopped working for me.

I'm no expert at this but I can see a difference using strace when I hit tab - I'm guessing \200 is octal for the new CLI_MAGIC value?

poll([{fd=3, events=POLLIN}, {fd=0, events=POLLIN}], 2, -1) = 1 ([{fd=0, revents=POLLIN}])
read(0, "\t", 1)                        = 1
write(3, "_COMMAND NUMMATCHES \"\" \"\"\0", 26) = 26
read(3, "61", 2047)                     = 2
write(3, "_COMMAND MATCHESARRAY \"\" \"\"\0", 28) = 28
poll([{fd=3, events=POLLIN}, {fd=0, events=POLLIN}], 2, -1) = 1 ([{fd=0, revents=POLLIN}])
read(0, "\t", 1)                        = 1
write(3, "_COMMAND NUMMATCHES \"\" \"\"\0", 26) = 26
read(3, "\20061", 2047)                 = 3
write(1, "\7", 1)                       = 1

I might be completely up the wrong tree, or even in the wrong forest!

By: Kevin Harwell (kharwell) 2013-09-10 10:20:10.107-0500

Another patch has been posted on the review, if you'd like to take a look, that hopefully fixes the logging issue without the need for a "magic" cli value.  I did not seem to have any issues with tab completion, so it may have inadvertently fixed that problem too.

By: Chris Stone (habile) 2013-09-10 12:55:19.872-0500

New patch works just fine - thank you. FYI removing the CLI_MAGIC in tab completion also worked but that's pretty irrelevant now.

By: David Brillert (aragon) 2013-09-10 14:23:11.533-0500

Chris Stone and I are colleagues so if Chris says he tested and the patch is OK then I am in agreement with Chris.

Nice work Chris on catching the tab completion problem.

By: David Brillert (aragon) 2013-09-13 14:39:15.320-0500

I have been running yesterday's subversion and r3 of the reviewboard patch in a production server since yesterday.
CLI output is working with verbose enabled and tab completion is also working.
Nothing appears to be horribly busted, Asterisk is processing calls.