|Summary:||ASTERISK-21804: CLI command 'reload' has inconsistent output written to console when operating with a DEBUG level greater than 0|
|Reporter:||Rusty Newton (rnewton)||Labels:|
|Date Opened:||2013-05-21 16:42:59||Date Closed:|
|Versions:||18.104.22.168 13.18.4||Frequency of|
|Environment:||1.8-r389244||Attachments:||( 0) plusdebug_1.txt|
( 1) plusdebug_2.txt
( 2) plusdebug_3.txt
( 3) plusdebug_4.txt
( 4) settings.txt
( 5) verboseonly_1.txt
|Description:||When observing the CLI output from the command "reload" I noticed that the output varied each time it was run after running "core set debug 5"
A comparison of log file output to console output over several runs of "reload" appears to show that only the output to console is affected by the issue.
This could cause someone a huge headache while troubleshooting other issues. They may never notice it unless they compare multiple reload outputs or compare the console output with the log file.
settings.txt, this shows the settings at the start of my test
verboseonly_1.txt shows console output of reload with only VERBOSE console debug enabled.
plusdebug_X.txt , each shows different output after I've ran "core set debug 5" once and then just do a "reload" over and over. I'm not changing debug levels before each reload.
You can see the issue quickly by comparing the last few modules reloaded, plus the associated messages between each file. You'll see that app_queue's NOTICE message is not present after enabling DEBUG and you'll see that some "Reloading ..." lines are missing from the plusdebug_X outputs.
I saw the output vary more than just what you see here.. it's just a few samples I grabbed.