|Summary:||ASTERISK-21675: Asterisk forgot G729 license|
|Reporter:||David Cunningham (dcunningham)||Labels:|
|Date Opened:||2013-04-23 18:52:53||Date Closed:||2013-04-24 16:42:04|
|Environment:||CentOS release 6.3 x86_64||Attachments:|
|Description:||Calls using G729 started failing, and we found that "g729 show licenses" showed zero licenses. Licenses had been loaded fine previously, and the license file in /var/lib/asterisk/licenses/ was still there. We ran "module reload codec_g729a.so" and the licenses were loaded successfully.
I don't see any errors in the Asterisk messages log to suggest why this happened, so not sure what debugging information we can provide. Please advise, thank you.
|Comments:||By: Rusty Newton (rnewton) 2013-04-24 16:42:04.118-0500|
This is really a support request on Digium's G729 codec license product.
You'll probably want to enable VERBOSE and DEBUG messages to a log within logger.conf and make sure they are turned up. https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Collecting+Debug+Information
I'd also get the "g729 show licenses" output before and after the issue happens. Keep track of the timeframe for when it happens after initialization of Asterisk.
After you collect some debug or find that you can reproduce it you'll want to contact Digium Tech Support. http://www.digium.com/en/support/contact