|Summary:||ASTERISK-19222: dialplan add extension documentation issue|
|Reporter:||Andrey Solovyev (corruptor)||Labels:|
|Date Opened:||2012-01-20 01:15:45.000-0600||Date Closed:||2012-02-06 17:01:01.000-0600|
|Description:||The syntax of the command according to documentation is following|
dialplan add extension <exten>,<priority>,<app>,<app-data> into <context> [replace]
However I've noticed that the following syntax is also working
dialplan add extension <exten>,<priority>,<app>(<app-data>) into <context> [replace]
Moreover it seems that this syntax is also used if app-data ends with ")" which leads to unexpected results because everything before the opening bracket interpreted as <app>.
For example we would like to add this extension
According to documentation we should execute the following command
dialplan add extension 77777,1,Gosub,dial,s,1(1,2) into context
If we check with dialplan show we'll see that we've added the following
'77777' => 1. Gosub,dial,s,1(1,2) [pbx_config]
So we have application "Gosub,dial,s,1" which won't work.
IMHO the syntax with brackets is more convenient and obvious and should be documented.