|Summary:||ASTERISK-16963: Memory leak in asterisk|
|Date Opened:||2010-11-16 00:34:37.000-0600||Date Closed:||2011-06-07 14:01:04|
|Description:||Our system uses the asterisk manager to initiate calls via the originate command.|
We noted that there was a bug fix from 1.4.36 to 1.4.37 about fixing this issue. However, we found that this did not stop the memory leak, so it may be in another section of the code.
We use Cent OS 5.0 and dahdi-complete-2.4.0, libpri 220.127.116.11
|Comments:||By: Clod Patry (junky) 2010-11-17 00:44:13.000-0600|
We need much more infos to classify this bug.
1. which bug are you refering to? Provide a ticket # if you can.
2. we need output of the memory show summary and memory show allocations
(Make sure you enabled the MALLOC_DEBUG in the make menuselect).
3. Copy paste the code (if scripts) and dialplan you're running to reproduce the case.
By: jchan (jchan) 2010-11-17 01:03:22.000-0600
1. In the change log of 1.4.37,
2010-09-19 15:56 +0000 [r287469] Olle Johansson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* main/manager.c: Make sure we always free variables properly in
manager originate. (closes issue ASTERISK-16596) reported, solved and
tested by oej Review: https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/869/
2. Ok I will do that.
3. We are doing an originate to join the outside party into a meetme room. The dial plan really only consists of the meetme command.
The reason we posted the issue is that we see the asterisk program using up more and more memory as time goes on, and unsure whether that is normal or memory is not freed. If it is a non-issue, let me know.
By: Leif Madsen (lmadsen) 2010-12-06 13:18:21.000-0600
Issue suspended due to lack of feedback from the reporter.