Summary:ASTERISK-13595: Asterisk Crashes when making calls to app_voicemail...
Reporter:Jeff Phelps (blargman)Labels:
Date Opened:2009-02-17 11:50:35.000-0600Date Closed:2011-06-07 14:00:23
Versions:Frequency of
Environment:Attachments:( 0) gdb-2009-02-17.txt
( 1) gdb-2009-03-03.txt
( 2) gdb-2009-03-05.txt
( 3) gdb-2009-03-06.txt
( 4) gdb-2009-03-11.txt
( 5) valgrind.txt
Description:I am using IMAP VM with MS Exchange, and I was able to get it working using a single user and pass for all mailboxes...  At some point in time, when the call to app_voicemail is made the program crashes.  I'm not sure exactly where or how, but I followed the directions on running a backtrace, and am attaching so that hopefully you guys will be able to see where the issue actually is.
Comments:By: Jeff Phelps (blargman) 2009-03-03 08:49:16.000-0600

I added another backtrace that will hopefully help someone out...

By: Tilghman Lesher (tilghman) 2009-03-03 09:45:37.000-0600

Please run this under valgrind, as specified by doc/valgrind.txt.

By: Mark Michelson (mmichelson) 2009-03-03 15:06:27.000-0600

It looks like the vmArrayIndex variable has been bumped past the size of the msgArray. I take it that this crash occurred on a mailbox with more than 256 messages in it?

By: Jeff Phelps (blargman) 2009-03-03 15:26:19.000-0600

The mailboxes have 1000+ messages in them, but I have them setup to put the voicemail in a folder outside the INBOX called Voicemail, and the only thing in the folder is Voicemail messages.  I did this, because it was taking way to long to search for messages directly in the INBOX.

I have not tried putting the Voicemail folder under the INBOX, but I assume it will cause the same problems.

By: Jeff Phelps (blargman) 2009-03-03 16:14:08.000-0600

Also, I only have 3 users using the IMAP Voicemail right now, as this is just a test server, trying to get the bugs worked out in IMAP storage before I deploy it.  So, this is not a stressed server.

By: Jeff Phelps (blargman) 2009-03-31 14:49:24

Just an update...

My crash problems went away when I changed all my sip users in sip.conf to


instead of just


so maybe it has something to do with the fact that the mailbox and usernames are the same??

Just a thought...

By: Leif Madsen (lmadsen) 2009-04-01 19:30:26

Hey Mark,

I just assigned this to you for now to take a look at why this might be happening. Go ahead and unassign yourself from this if you're not able to move this forward. I realize this is not a high priority as you have other issues to solve, but since this was a crash issue (but has a work around) I wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks!

By: Leif Madsen (lmadsen) 2009-04-20 10:33:23

I have reassigned this issue to Tilghman as Mark will be unable to get to this in the near future.

By: Tilghman Lesher (tilghman) 2009-04-20 14:23:29

I'm pretty sure this is a duplicate of ASTERISK-13948.  Please apply the patch there and let me know if that fixes your issue.  If it does, then this issue may be closed.

By: Jeff Phelps (blargman) 2009-04-28 14:00:59

did not apply related patch, as it was included in the rc5 release...  but, i don't believe i'm having the issues anymore in rc5...  only time will tell, as it only once everyday or so...  will report back...

By: Tilghman Lesher (tilghman) 2009-04-28 14:09:20

Okay, I'm assuming this was fixed; please reopen if the crash can be reproduced with that patch in place.