Summary:ASTERISK-10271: [patch] count the deltree entries on CLI datadata deltree foo
Reporter:Clod Patry (junky)Labels:
Date Opened:2007-09-10 08:27:07Date Closed:2007-09-10 12:20:58
Versions:Frequency of
Environment:Attachments:( 0) deltree_count.diff
Description:A customer called me and asked me:
I did a deltree and im not sure if this delete 17 or 18 entries.
He was complained that when he uses that, he didnt know how many entries was successfully deleted.

so instead of:
rabbit*CLI> database deltree salut
Database entries removed.

this is now like:
rabbit*CLI> database deltree foo2
2 database entries removed.

In this way, he will know how many entries exactly he has deleted.

Plus, if you tried to deltree a non-exist keytree, you should get
"Database entries do not exist." instead of "Database entries removed.".
that patch also fix this little mistake.


I also change the AMI to reflect that change, but didn't change the reply in the socket which is still "Key tree deleted successfully" (for backward reason) for all these applications out-there that are using that AMI command.
Comments:By: Digium Subversion (svnbot) 2007-09-10 12:20:57

Repository: asterisk
Revision: 82154

r82154 | qwell | 2007-09-10 12:20:57 -0500 (Mon, 10 Sep 2007) | 6 lines

Add a counter to the 'database deltree' CLI command.
Note: this is slightly different than the initial patch, because I felt
that using res <= 0 would be a change in behavior.

Closes issue ASTERISK-10271, patch by junky