Summary:ASTERISK-09368: CallerID Name does NOT get passed correctly over PRI channel
Reporter:Willy Wouters (drmagu)Labels:
Date Opened:2007-05-02 07:19:58Date Closed:2007-06-19 13:24:58
Versions:Frequency of
Environment:Attachments:( 0) calleridnamepatch.diff
( 1) pri-debug-patched.txt
( 2) pritelco.txt
( 3) pritonbx.txt
( 4) zapata-one.conf
( 5) zapata-two.conf
Description:General Setup:
Call accepted from Telco receives CID number & name (pri_cpe)
Call forwarded to third party PBX (3Com NBX) (pri_net) receives CID number only.
When the 3Com NBX is directly connected to Telco, both CID number AND name appear.
PRI Debug Synopsis
From Telco:
It appears that the CID name is sent (and correctly decoded) in the 'Facility' message. CIDName => 'WIRELESS'
From Asterisk:
The CID name appears in the 'Display' message. I don't see it in the 'Facility' message. CIDName => 'DRMAGU'


Debug files attached: pritonbx.txt pritelco.txt
Configuration files:
zapata-one.conf <Span 2 is the Telco (DALLAS)>
zapata-two.conf <Span 3 is the NBX>
Comments:By: Matthew Fredrickson (mattf) 2007-05-24 15:10:35

Does it not appear even when you set facilityenable=yes?  Also, make sure you are running latest 1.2 libpri as well.

By: Matthew Fredrickson (mattf) 2007-06-06 17:23:00

No feedback.

By: Willy Wouters (drmagu) 2007-06-06 18:01:32


As indicated in the attached file: zapata-two.conf
facilityenable = yes ; cname test
zapata-two.conf controls the PRI which feeds the NBX, pretending (unsuccessfully w.r.t. cname) to be the PSTN.

By: Matthew Fredrickson (mattf) 2007-06-07 12:03:37

Can you check it with the patch I just attached to this bugnote? (calleridnamepatch.diff)

By: Willy Wouters (drmagu) 2007-06-12 15:59:43

OK, took me a while to get a test system configured. In any case, I am connecting to and NBX (pretending to be the TelCo).
I am sending the callerID number as 2815551212 and Name as DRMAGU
The handset on the NBX correctly displays teh number, but the name field shows up as 'TRUNK'.
I am attaching the pri-debug AFTER the pathc was applied.
BTW: this test system uses libpri-1.2.4.  I patched with the patch given.

By: Matthew Fredrickson (mattf) 2007-06-13 09:11:30

Make sure that you try it on the latest svn checkout of the 1.2 branch of libpri.  I made some changes that will affect this.

By: Willy Wouters (drmagu) 2007-06-19 13:01:46

OK.  Finally got a round Tu-It.
Checked out svn libpri trunk and got release '425'
make clean; make install for both libpri & asterisk .. no Joy.
THEN I APPLIED THE PATCH to this freshly checked out libpri ...
make clean; make install for both libpri & asterisk

SUCCESS !!  The caller ID name is now properly propagating to the NBX

I am now going to update my production servers and do further validation testing.

By: Matthew Fredrickson (mattf) 2007-06-19 13:24:58

Patch applied to 1.2, 1.4, and trunk.