|Summary:||ASTERISK-07814: IAX2 peer qualify requires in-process reload to start polling peers.|
|Reporter:||Arcadiy Ivanov (arcivanov)||Labels:|
|Date Opened:||2006-09-24 21:52:03||Date Closed:||2011-06-07 14:07:23|
|Environment:||Attachments:||( 0) dnsmgr.conf|
( 1) iax.conf
( 2) modules.conf
|Description:||1) Four peer(s) in IAX2 configuration contains "qualify=yes" and "qualifysmoothing=yes" in their section.|
2) Initially * is not running.
3) Asterisk is then launched.
4) From console "iax2 show peers" reports status as "UNKNOWN" for all of the peers with "qualify=yes" for the tested amount of time (10 min).
5) Either "reload" or "iax2 reload" command is issued from console.
6) Within a few seconds RTT or "Unreachable" is shown for peers in 1) with periodic updates performed consistantly.
PS: If cannot be reproduced without my specific configs I will provide them.
|Comments:||By: Joshua C. Colp (jcolp) 2006-09-26 11:01:33|
I was unable to reproduce this issue with revision 43634 so your configuration files may be good plus detail about network and remote servers.
By: Arcadiy Ivanov (arcivanov) 2006-09-26 23:11:52
I've attached configs I thought were relevant. Please let me know if there might be something else that might help you reproduce the problem.
By: Arcadiy Ivanov (arcivanov) 2006-10-13 22:55:06
Just upgraded to branch 1.2, revision 45134. There is no way to trigger the start of qualification anymore: neither "reload", nor "iax2 reload" launch the refreshes, peer statuses stay "UNKNOWN". No config changes whatsoever since 43580.
By: Arcadiy Ivanov (arcivanov) 2006-10-13 22:58:13
Just discovered that disabling DNS manager fixes qualification problem in IAX2. Switching dnsmgr.conf "enable=yes" to "enable=no" with asterisk restart causes IAX2 qualification to act normally (starts automatically, refreshes periodically).