|Summary:||ASTERISK-07462: [patch] Cannot unset H245 tunneling flag|
|Date Opened:||2006-08-04 10:58:52||Date Closed:||2011-06-07 14:07:48|
|Environment:||Attachments:||( 0) ooh323c-trunk-tunneling.1.patch|
disabling the 'h245tunneling' parameter in the config file has no effect, as shown by a network traffic capture.
The attached patch solves this, by overwriting some values in the 'opts' structure. I am not sure though if it's the proper way to handle this, as a number of structures store similar flags.
Setup : call from a Cisco 7960 SIP phone to H323 SJphone.
****** ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ******
Configuration file contains :
As mentionned in the source code, enabling 'faststart' implicitly enables 'tunneling', so it's necessary to disable 'faststart' too for this test.
Asterisk revision : 38826
ooh323c revision : 267
|Comments:||By: Objective Systems (objsys) 2006-08-04 13:19:38|
I don't think this patch/change is need. You can download update from svn addons-1.2 brnach. It should fix this problem.
By: phsultan (phsultan) 2006-08-04 14:03:52
I just tested svn addons-1.2, but the problem remains.
Will you port your changes to svn addons trunk?
Thank you Avin,
By: Objective Systems (objsys) 2006-08-04 17:02:53
Please download the changes from svn addons 1.2 branch. I have tested it, works ok.
By: phsultan (phsultan) 2006-08-07 04:23:50
ok I'm not an H323 expert, so I'll explain my setup in details.
- installed Asterisk SVN-branch-1.2-r38825
- compiled and installed chan_ooh323 from asterisk-addons-1.2
- emacsed /etc/asterisk/ooh323.conf and modified the following :
- restarted Asterisk
- started a network capture on Asterisk with Ethereal
- called an H323 (SJphone) endpoint from a SIP (Cisco 7960) endpoint, both managed by Asterisk
- stopped the network capture
My observations, from the Asterisk UI, log files and Ethereal capture :
- Asterisk CLI command 'ooh323 show config' states that both 'h245tunneling' and 'faststart' are disabled, which is ok
- the content of the configuration from /var/log/asterisk/h323_log confirms these parameters values
- the network capture shows that the SETUP H225 packet issued by Asterisk contains a flag named 'h245Tunneling' set to TRUE, and the ALERTING H225 reply from SJPhone contains H245Control attributes.
The latter observation suggests that although disabled, Asterisk starts calls asking for an H245 tunneling procedure to the destination endpoint. Am I correct here?
Note : I issued the test after your last update to asterisk-addons-1.2, eg :
r270 | objsys | 2006-08-05 00:01:39 +0200 (Sat, 05 Aug 2006) | 1 line
Fix for reload problem of faststart, tunneling, mediawaitforconnect flags
By: Objective Systems (objsys) 2006-08-24 09:23:02
By defining tunneling disabled in config file, it will not send the tunneling request to peer end. But if tunneling is requested by peer end, than it will be enabled. That's how it works.
Does your change makes tunneling disabled, even if it is requested by other end ?
If so, I have to check I can incorporate this or not.
Suggestion, Feature or change should be reported in newsgroup, other might provide thought on that.
Objective Systems Inc
By: phsultan (phsultan) 2006-08-30 15:37:15
> By defining tunneling disabled in config file, it will not send the tunneling request to peer end. But if tunneling is requested by peer end, than it will be enabled. That's how it works.
ok Avin, thanks for you answer. the asterisk-addons trunk revision behaves correctly.
> Suggestion, Feature or change should be reported in newsgroup, other might provide thought on that.
Your version is fine, I am not asking for any change. You can close this bug.
By: Serge Vecher (serge-v) 2006-08-30 15:41:11
closed per phsultan's request...