Summary:ASTERISK-05885: Anonymous Caller ID'S
Reporter:Ahmed Kassim (ahmed)Labels:
Date Opened:2005-12-22 03:00:22.000-0600Date Closed:2011-06-07 14:10:12
Versions:Frequency of
Environment:Attachments:( 0) extensions.conf
( 1) iax.conf
Description:I am having problems with the caller id using IAX. The caller id feature does not function for an incoming IAX2 call when the incoming caller hides the caller
id. The caller id is presented as blank on my phone instead of the number i set it to be. It works fine otherwise and also works fine when using a sip trunk
(even for anonymous calls).

I have heard this is not a bug but a feature of asterisk. Is there any known work around this?
Comments:By: Tilghman Lesher (tilghman) 2005-12-22 07:47:20.000-0600

Please upload your iax.conf and extensions.conf.

By: Ahmed Kassim (ahmed) 2005-12-22 11:13:57.000-0600

just posted my config files

By: Jason Parker (jparker) 2005-12-22 11:32:02.000-0600

This is unrelated, but I find it interesting that you use both SetCallerID, and ${CALLERID(num)}

It won't help your problem, but you should use SET(CALLERID(num)=12345) instead of SetCallerID(12345) - it will help to keep everything consistent.

By: Tilghman Lesher (tilghman) 2005-12-22 11:33:21.000-0600

I think you mean Set(CALLERID(num)=12345), not SetCallerID(12345).  The first sets the number; the second sets the name.

By: Jason Parker (jparker) 2005-12-22 11:40:21.000-0600

Well, I stand corrected...maybe it will solve your problem.

I figured that since he had the NoOp in there, that it was working at that point.

By: Tilghman Lesher (tilghman) 2005-12-22 12:07:45.000-0600

No, his NoOp doesn't work, because he's got both the NoOp and the SetCallerID at the same priority, 1.  There's also a problem in that his pattern matches don't begin with an _, which means they won't work.

By: Tilghman Lesher (tilghman) 2005-12-22 12:27:37.000-0600

Ahmed:  I suspect the real problem you're having is that IAX is inheriting the CID presentation, which is set to one of the "prohib" variants, instead of one of the "allowed" variants.

SetCallerPres(allowed) or

By: Ahmed Kassim (ahmed) 2005-12-23 04:16:16.000-0600

Thank you to all. Corydon76's sugestion worked like a charm. All i had to set was
exten => 020xxxxxxxx,1,SetCallerPres(allowed)
and the new caller id was set
Once again thank you to everyone, had this problem for over a week