|Summary:||ASTERISK-04873: [patch] libpri/Makefile has quite a few problems when used on a Solaris system|
|Date Opened:||2005-08-22 18:43:23||Date Closed:||2005-08-29 15:11:48|
|Environment:||Attachments:||( 0) Makefile.patch|
|Description:||1) INSTALL_BASE is defined to be /usr, so double slashes show up in the install/uninstall targets|
2) SOFLAGS could work on both Solaris and Linux by using -h instead of -soname
3) Solaris specific CFLAGS does not need library options, in fact they generate warnings
4) Don't use ldconfig with Solaris, since the equivalent (crle) doesn't behave the same. Set extra link
5) The INSTALL_BASE is set incorrectly for Solaris. Use a correct INSTALL_PREFIX instead.
6) The install command for Solaris is different than that of Linux and expects options in a different
7) The uninstall target was missing a remove.
8) mkdep was not producing a .depend file because Solaris doesn't, by default, have a cc compiler and
the CC variable was not being passed to mkdep.
****** ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ******
Makefile revision 1.18
|Comments:||By: drach (drach) 2005-08-23 10:31:06|
I forgot to mention that the targets testprilib and pritest don't produce code since corresponding source files appear to have errors in them.
By: Kevin P. Fleming (kpfleming) 2005-08-23 10:47:33
This patch does not apply to current libpri/Makefile, and I don't see that it has had any changes since July. I even tried patching with -l (to ignore whitespace changes) which was better, but still not enough.
Please ensure the patch will apply cleanly to CVS HEAD. While you're at it, instead of changing INSTALL_BASE to not have a leading slash, let's drop the hardcoded slashes between INSTALL_PREFIX and INSTALL_BASE, since that's the more logical way to construct things.
By: drach (drach) 2005-08-23 10:57:59
Oops. It's possible my MUA screwed up the whitespace. I'll look into it. I'll also remove the slash between INSTALL_PREFIX and INSTALL_BASE.
By: drach (drach) 2005-08-23 11:48:02
I can't seem to delete the patch (Access Denied) so I can upload a newer version.
By: Michael Jerris (mikej) 2005-08-23 20:26:48
old patch deleted. You can upload a new patch with a new name (rev1, rev2, ect) in the future.
By: Michael Jerris (mikej) 2005-08-28 00:05:24
Bug suspended due to no update. Please re-open when you have an update ready to upload.
By: drach (drach) 2005-08-29 11:37:18
Sorry I didn't get the new patch attached in a timely manner. I can add it now.
By: Kevin P. Fleming (kpfleming) 2005-08-29 15:11:22
Committed to CVS HEAD, thanks!