|Summary:||ASTERISK-03156: [patch] Record name and playback on enter and leave of conference|
|Date Opened:||2005-01-02 02:45:25.000-0600||Date Closed:||2008-01-15 15:20:25.000-0600|
|Environment:||Attachments:||( 0) conf-hasjoin.gsm|
( 1) conf-hasleft.gsm
( 2) meetme_announceuser.txt
|Description:||This patch add the flag 'i' in meetme.|
If you join a meetme with that i flag, it will prompt to record a name. And when you join or leave, your name will be played back to everyone with 'has join' or 'has left'.
Here is the needed recording :
conf-hasleft "has left"
conf-hasjoin "has join"
****** ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ******
Thanks for the bug marshals help.
|Comments:||By: mochouinard (mochouinard) 2005-01-02 03:57:49.000-0600|
Ok uploaded some small improvement
Btw thanks to twisted for the Allison Remix 2005 ;)
By: petersv (petersv) 2005-01-02 04:23:02.000-0600
I have two suggestions for future improvements. Both can be implemented later.
* Allow the filename for the recording to be passed from the dialplan. E.g. in a channel variable. This allows for persistance of the recording for a user between conferences. Combined with an agi-based user handling system this could be nice.
* Allow the recording of the name to be forced (current behaviour), optional if it already exists (used in conjunction with the first point above) or prohibited (for when the announcement name is prerecorded and should not be changed).
By: () 2005-01-02 17:21:10.000-0600
It would also be nice if this could be implemented in meetme.conf file as an option.
By: petersv (petersv) 2005-01-02 17:37:11.000-0600
This feature can be implemented in the dialplan. I'm not saying it is better that way (actually I think it is better implemented inside meetme) but it has been done. Maybe some ideas can be gleaned from the discussion in http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-December/077037.html.
I think features that are added should be as generic as possible. I think having the recording done inside the meetme application is not that important since it is so easy to do it with extension logic. Playing back the audio on enter/leave is nice to have inside app_meetme since it is complicated to do otherwise.
There was a patch on the bug tracker a while back to do a generic playback (announcements) to a meetme conference. I don't think it went anywhere though.
By: Mark Spencer (markster) 2005-01-02 18:21:11.000-0600
Moc -- looks nice. A few comments:
1. Use "snprintf" in place of sprintf.
2. Can we avoid this malloc somehow? The memory is never freed which means it will leak.
3. Is it possible to somehow combine the play_record_review from app_voicemail and this one? It may not be possible but if it is, that would be nice to put in app.c
4. Do you think we need real locking around the conf->announcementuser check?
5. Perhaps the announcement should be made *after* the "LEAVE" sound is played (and after the ENTER sound is played) so that the sound can get people's attention and then the announcement gives the details.
By: mochouinard (mochouinard) 2005-01-02 18:35:39.000-0600
Reply to Mark,
1- You are right.
2- I could make it size 256 permanent, I mean we do it offen already anyway
3- I've and twisted looked at this, and voicemail play_record_review is very specific. But it could be a good idea to make one that would work with the rest and keep the one from voicemail different. So we could also just make an application that call it.
4- I'm no expert in locking stuff, I did this and worked for me, but if someone have a better way, please let me know
5-That was what I did first, and Ive being told after that it should play before the leave, it sound better. But I'dlike other people comments on this.
By: Brian West (bkw918) 2005-01-02 19:00:30.000-0600
I think we we lock its only going to help prevent 10 users from joining at once and doing all the announcements at once is what i'm thinking.
By: mochouinard (mochouinard) 2005-01-02 19:27:07.000-0600
Reply to Mark 2 :
4. Done, I changed it, does look better, let me know if it good
5. Done ;)
3, well look at my previous comment
By: Andrew Kohlsmith (akohlsmith) 2005-01-02 19:35:14.000-0600
How about "has joined" instead of "has join" (grammar tweak)
By: syslod (syslod) 2005-01-02 19:54:53.000-0600
Works. With a small mod for the config var it works with count patch also.
By: Mark Spencer (markster) 2005-01-02 20:24:01.000-0600
I'm great with making this one general and leaving the other specific to VM.
By: mochouinard (mochouinard) 2005-01-02 20:48:40.000-0600
Ok uploaded a new version with ast_record_review app
By: Mark Spencer (markster) 2005-01-07 01:18:44.000-0600
Nicely done, merged in CVS.
By: Russell Bryant (russell) 2005-01-08 15:47:26.000-0600
not in 1.0
By: Digium Subversion (svnbot) 2008-01-15 15:20:25.000-0600
r4705 | markster | 2008-01-15 15:20:25 -0600 (Tue, 15 Jan 2008) | 2 lines
Merge Moc's announcement patch (bug ASTERISK-3156)